Leveling a pinball machine is not an easy task. Although it seems an insignificant procedure, the inclination of the pinball is very important to enjoy the game as it directly influences the speed of the ball.
To get an idea, a ball has a diameter of about 3 cm. and weighs about 80 grams. Due to its characteristics, it can reach a speed of up to 145km / h. The inclination of the pinball influences the speed in which the game is played.
The optimal tilt of a pinball machine is usually set between 6 and 7 degrees. In some cases, manufacturers recommend that the inclination does not exceed 6.5 degrees.
To make a correct inclination of the pinball machine, it is necessary to take into account:
- Measure the inclination directly on the table, not on the glass.
The slope of the pinball crystal varies depending on the elements that make up the board.
Stern machines: between the two black lines.
Bally / Williams machines: between the 1st and 2nd line.
- Leveling block nuts are mounted below the legs, not on top.
Mounted underneath they contribute to increase the rigidity of the legs, above they would only hinder.
Steps to make a correct inclination according to Stern:
1. Start with the four levelers at the bottom (very steep levelers make the pinball less stable and the legs «suffer» more).
2. Look at the level that is in the lower right part of the lane to take out the ball.
3. Adjust the front or back levelers until the bubble is between the two black lines, that slope is about 6.5
4. To level the pinball from side to side let roll a ball through the center of the board to see if it tends to deviate, adjust with the levelers to eliminate any deviation.