Attack from Mars is the best rated pinball machine in the Pinside Ranking. There are 4 versions:
Attack from Mars
|Attack From Mars (Remake – Classic)
|Attack From Mars (Remake – Special)
|Attack From Mars (Remake – LE)
|Manufactured by||Bally Manufacturing Co.||Chicago Gaming Company||Chicago Gaming Company||Chicago Gaming Company.|
|Date||December 1995||2017 March.||2017 March.||2017 March.|
|Producción||3450||In production.||In production.||In production.|
|Estimated value||$7120 – $8280||–||–||$6750 – $7850|
|Display type||DMD||–||Tv Screen||Tv Screen|
|Latest software||V1.1 – June 10, 1996.||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown|
|Game Design||Brian Eddy||Brian Eddy||Brian Eddy||Brian Eddy|
|Mechanics||Robert C. Friesl|
|Software||Lyman F. Sheats Jr.|
|Art||Doug Watson||Doug Watson||Doug Watson||Doug Watson|
As you can see, the base game was manufactured by Bally but the rest of the updates have been made by Chicago Gaming Company. Being always the game designer Brian Eddy.
Earth is invaded by Martians. To save it, the player must defend all the major cities and kill the Martians. Later, it must end with the Planet Mars.
- Super Jets: score a specific number of hits on the pop bumpers to turn Super Jets (with a value of 3 million points per hit).
- 5-way combo: complete consecutive shots (each within a time interval) through any illuminated loop or ramps in a specific combination to obtain a large bonus.
- Super Jackpot: During the multiball, complete five jackpot shots to turn on the Super Jackpot, which alternates continuously around each of the five jackpot locations.
- Martian Multiball: Destroy the four Martians during “Martian Attack” to start Martian Multiball.
- Total Annihilation: erase the four shots in loop and ramp to start this four-ball mode.
- Conquer Mars: defend the main cities and fly to Mar.
Attack from Mars features all LED lighting which means you may have to never replace a light bulb again. Painstaking efforts were made to replicate warmth and feel of incandescent bulbs. The software controls the speed at which the LEDs reach full brightness to emulate the relatively slow ramps up and down of light produced by incandescent bulbs.
The game’s cabinetry has been greatly improved. Both the cabinet and backbox are manufactured with melamine clad plywood. Melamine is 10 times more scratch resistant than traditional lacquer finishes. The original fiberboard cabinet bottom has been replaced with a ½” plywood bottom – significantly improving the strength of the cabinet and providing added protection for the cashbox.
Whats do you think?